Monday, January 12, 2015

Former Prime Minister Abhisit Vejajjiva observed our classes

My wish of shaking the hand of the person who used to preside and serve as head of Thailand's parliamentary government, finally became a reality on January 8, 2015. Not only did I shake his hand, I also exchanged a few words with him - and he also observed us while we were conducting our classes.

Former Prime Minister Abhisit Vejajjiva's coming was already expected. I was given a heads up months before by former MP for Phitsanulok Dr. Warong about the date and the possible scenarios that will transpire come the time of his coming. It's been four days since the visit but I still find it unbelievable! Standing next to someone who used to hold the highest position in the government of Thailand and having a photo with him is one thing. But exchanging a few words and shaking his hand? Whoa! It was an honor. Can't move on. LoL.

What was just a simple visit became the talk of the town. Not only parents were present, even supporters and those wishing to have a glimpse of the former PM took the moment. There were so many people. I didn't realize it would be this big!

Anyway, I'll be posting about what happened during the visit and the moment the Democrat Party observed our classes soon. And yeah, more photos to come. Stay tuned!

January 16, 2015 at 1:55 PM delete

What a great experience for you, for the students and everyone else involved :)

R U S S
January 16, 2015 at 5:43 PM delete

I'm not surprised that the visit's been talk of the town. I'm sure it was an awesome experience that people will hopefully not forget. I hope a lot are inspired by his visit and his gesture. I can almost imagine how happy you are to be up-close to the former PM.

May De Jesus-Palacpac
January 17, 2015 at 8:09 AM delete

I would be just as overwhelmed as you are if I would be given the same privilege of exchanging words with someone so important. Good for you!

ronley
January 17, 2015 at 11:51 AM delete

What a great event for you! For sure he inspired a lot of people and that includes you!

dmhyf
January 19, 2015 at 4:19 PM delete

I am not aware anymore of Thai politics. Is he the PM before the controversial female one? He still looks young and kind to kids.

January 19, 2015 at 9:51 PM delete

That's is correct. It will be forever remembered.

Sin Yee
January 19, 2015 at 10:20 PM delete

How lovely is this? The interaction between him and the kids is really lovely...

Khushboo Motihar
January 20, 2015 at 12:28 AM delete

Meeting a PM is definitely a great experience and it is my personal dream, too. Thanks for sharing this wonderful occasion with us :)

TweenselMom
January 21, 2015 at 9:35 PM delete

I hope his visit wouldn't go wasted and it was sincere, not only for photo ops.

Fatemah Sajwani
January 31, 2015 at 2:56 AM delete

I hope you had a great time. It is always a privilege to meet government officials.